Well, that was an exciting weekend! I met so many interesting people, heard so much music and had some surprise collaborations. Here are some highlights from my experience:
- Having Lindsay Foote as my road trip partner and roommate. We hadn’t met before this, and thankfully we were fast friends!
- My second showcase in the Philadelphia Folksong Society room. The support I’ve received from Justin Nordell was instrumental to my NERFA experience. Watch it here
- My third showcase in the round with my friends in Tragedy Ann and Greg Smith. This was my first time being included in a showcase with them!
- Meeting Sam Simmons at the communal dinner on the last night and inviting her to play fiddle with me in my last showcase! Circadian Rhythm has never sounded so sweet.
- Being apart of the Canadian Showcase room and finishing the night by leading the group in singing Dreams by Fleetwood Mac at 4am.
- Meeting new artists, specifically Canadian musicians I have never crossed paths with.